This ancient church overlooks Loch Duich inbetween Dornie and Shiel Bridge, near Morvich. Known as Clachan Duich or St Dubhthach’s church the graveyard contains many MacRae graves and even a memorial to the MacRae Clan Chief, Sir Colin George MacRae.
There is thought to have been a church on this site as early as 750 AD. In 1050 the church was dedicated to St Dubhthach . It is thought that the church was shelled by the ships that destroyed Eilean Donan Castle. The graveyard of this parish church of Kintail was reconstructed in 1855.
Category: Scottish History